+91 22 6140 0000
Khaitan Legal Associates
Senior Director and Head-direct Tax, Khaitan Legal Associates, Mumbai, India
- Abbas is a chartered accountant with experience of over twelve years in the field of direct taxation (including international taxation) across various multinational firms. Prior to joining Khaitan Legal Associates, Abbas spent four years heading his own tax and accounting firm.
- Abbas has advised several foreign and domestic clients on matters relating to structuring inbound and outbound investments (including Funds), structuring M&A transactions, availing tax treaty benefits, planning expatriate taxation, succession planning, transfer pricing, equalisation levy, General Anti-Avoidance Rule (GAAR), Multilateral Instrument (MLI), etc.
- Abbas has worked with clients across industries such as technology, financial services (including funds and private equity), manufacturing, media, pharma, real estate, aviation, infrastructure, start-ups and hospitality.
- Chartered Accountant with more than 12 years' experience in the field of direct taxation.
- Contributed to technical articles published by leading journals and media houses such as Taxmann, Taxsutra, Bloomberg Quint, International tax review, Bombay Chartered Accountants' Society (BCAS) Journal and Chamber of Tax Consultants.
- Speaker at various forums on direct taxation matters.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Member of the International Tax Committee and Journal Committee of the Bombay Chartered Accountants' Society (leading voluntary association of chartered accountants with over 9,000 members)
- Member of working group of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) committee on Private Equity and Venture Capital and CII committee on Insurance and Pensions.
English, Hindi and Gujarati.