+44 (0) 7515 421822
Independent Tax and Economic Policy 'Active Retired' Adviser, John Chown, London, United Kingdom
Economist and specialist in international tax, particularly with reference to financial markets, financing transactions and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and direct investment. Long involvement with public policy issues in the UK, the EU and elsewhere. Advising transitional countries, mostly former Communist ones, on tax and financial markets policy, now on a team working actively on arranging finance for serious high-tech start-ups.
- Founder of Chown Dewhurst LLP (previously J F Chown & Company Limited), a leading independent specialist firm in London, England.
- Co-founder and Executive Committee member of the Institute for Fiscal Studies
- Steering Committee member of the International Tax Specialist Group
- Friend Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum (OMFIF)
- Honorary Life Fellow of the Institute of Directors, after 30 years' service on its Taxation and Economic Committee.
- Fellow and ex-member of the Taxation and Technical Committee of the Association of Corporate Treasurers
- Author of A History of Monetary Unions (London and New York: Routledge, 2004) and A History of Money - from AD 800 (London and New York: Routledge, 1994). Many other books, articles and reviews on tax and finance, mainly for Central Banking.
- Selwyn College Cambridge (Honorary Fellow) and Investment Committee
- Institute of Directors
- Institute for Fiscal Studies
- Association of Corporate Treasurers
- Political Economy Club
- Ad Hoc Council
- Russo-British Chamber of Commerce
- British Romanian Chamber of Commerce
- International Tax Specialist Group (Committee)
- Royal Institute of International Affairs (Chatham House)
- International Fiscal Association
- Centre for the Study of Financial Innovation