FCA, B.Sc. (Hons)
+91 22 2204 1665
JMP Advisors PVT Ltd.
FCA, B.Sc. (Hons)
Chairman, JMP Advisors PVT Ltd., Mumbai, India
Jairaj (Jai) Purandare is the Founder Chairman of JMP Advisors Pvt Ltd, a consulting and tax firm, based in Mumbai, India.
Jai has over three decades of experience in tax and business advisory matters and is an authority on tax and regulation. He has considerable experience on various issues in the Financial Services, Infrastructure, Power, Media, Pharma, Auto and Education sectors. Jai advises clients on investment proposals to regulatory authorities including the Foreign Investment Promotion Board and the Reserve Bank of India.
- Former Regional Managing Partner, Country LeaderMarkets & Industries and Chairman Tax of PricewaterhouseCoopers India.
- Former Chairman of Ernst & Young India.
- Former Country Head of the Tax & Business Advisory practice of Andersen India.
- Named among the leading Tax Advisors in India by World's Leading Tax Advisors.
- Frequent speaker at seminars in India and abroad.
- Presented several papers in areas of his expertise including inbound/outbound investment structuring, international tax, transfer pricing, M&As, Indian Budget and Economy.
- Independent Director on the Boards of two reputed companies.
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Bachelor of Science (Hons), University of Bombay
- Advisory Group on International Taxation & Transfer Pricing (set up by the Ministry of Finance)
- Central Direct Taxes Advisory Committee (chaired by the Finance Minister)
- International Business Structuring Association (IBSA)
- City of London Advisory Council for India
- YPO-WPO: WPO Networks Chair, Mumbai
- American Chamber of Commerce in India, Mumbai: former Chairman
- British Business Group: former Managing Committee member
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII): former National Council member and Chairman, DT Committee