+55 21 2127-4213
+55 21 2127-4211
Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown (TCMB)
Partner, Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown (TCMB), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Founding partner and Head of the tax law practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown and serves on Mayer Brown's Partnership Board. Has an extensive experience in local and international taxation and is also the author of several articles and is often a lecturer at a number of legal and corporate events in Brazil and abroad.
- Represented a foreign group in the tax restructuring of this group that had just been acquired under a transaction worth more than $3 billion.
- Represented a Brazilian client in connection with drafting the statement of defense for a tax fine involving more than $1.1 billion.
- Represented a German industrial group with revenues in excess of $4 billion in the tax structuring of its business in Brazil.
- Represented two international television companies in connection with structuring their $150 million joint venture in Brazil.
- Oversaw all of the civil and tax cases of a leading chemical company, with revenues in excess of R$200 million, as well as the cases of a company from the food market whose revenues are worth approximately R$100 million.
In December 2009, the firm entered into an association agreement with the Mayer Brown law firm and became "Tauil & Chequer in association with Mayer Brown". From that, the firm has a team of partners and associates that are highly focused on several area of business law in Brazil representing clients in a range of matters with a unique level of excellence in the legal market.
Portuguese, English, French and Spanish