Alil Álvarez Alcalá
+52 55 5083 5085
Álvarez Alcalá, S.C.
Founding Partner, Álvarez Alcalá, S.C., Mexico City, Mexico
Alil graduated in law from ITAM; she also obtained a MPhil in law from Stanford University and a Ph.D from the Legal Research Institute, UNAM. She specializes in tax law and has more than 20 years of experience working with artists and athletes. Alil has advised local and municipal governments in the creation of tax rules.
- Author of Tax Law Lessons (Oxford University Press, 2010 and 2015) and Compliance with Tax Law, the case of Mexico (Tirant lo Blanch, 2014).
- Has given several conferences at a wide range of national events, such as the Guadalajara International Book Fair (2014), Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económica (CIDE), the UNAM's Legal Research Institute, and the National Association of Corporate Lawyers (ANADE), as well as at a host of international forums, such as Torcuato di Tella University in Argentina, Stanford University and the International Fiscal Association.
- She has published a number of articles on tax law for Tax Notes International (TNI), Commerce Clearing House (CCH), Lex magazine and Reforma newspaper, among others.
- She has taught tax law at different educational institutions.
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, Miami (STEP Miami).
- Member of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS).
- Counselor of Procuraduría de la Defensa del Contribuyente (PRODECON).
- Counselor of companies within the financial and pharmaceutical branch.