+32 2 773 40 00
+32 2 773 40 55
Partner, Tiberghien, Brussels, Belgium
Bernard Peeters is a partner at Tiberghien. He has a special expertise in corporate tax, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, international and European tax planning as well as double tax treaties.
- He lectures at the University of Brussels (VUB) on International and European tax law and is a frequent speaker at tax seminars in Belgium and abroad. In 2011, Bernard was appointed as Deputy Judge of the Antwerp Court of appeal. He now regularly assists the Court in international tax cases. He was also included by Royal Decree of 20 July 2020 in the Belgian list of Independent persons of standing within the framework of the European Directive of 10 October 2017 on tax dispute resolution mechanisms in the EU.
- He is author of numerous fiscal-related monographs and articles and a frequent speaker on tax seminars.
- Lawyer at the Brussels and Luxembourg Bar.
- Deputy judge to Court of Appeal in Antwerp.
- Lecturer at the University of Brussels: "Tax Planning III : double tax treaties and triangular cases", Postgraduate Tax Law.
- Member of the American Bar Association.
- Author of numerous fiscal-related monographs and articles.
- Frequent speaker on tax seminars in Belgium and abroad.
- Member and former chair of the tax & legal committee of Invest Europe.
- Member of the tax and legal committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Belgium (AMCHAM).
- MemMember of the tax and legal committee of the Belgian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (BVA).
- Member of the International Fiscal Association (IFA).
- Member of the International Association of Tax Judges (IATJ).
- Member of the Board of WTS Global.
- Member and former chief editor of the editorial staff of the monthly newsletter "Fiscoloog Internationaal".
- Member of the editorial staff of "Tijdschrift voor Fiscaal Recht".