Nam Nguyen Consulting Co., Ltd
Managing Partner, Nam Nguyen Consulting Co., Ltd, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Nam Nguyen has over 25 years of work experience as a business and tax advisor with Big-4 firms in Vietnam (including EY, KPMG and PwC), with over 13 years at Partner's level. Through these years, he has gained extensive experience in advising local and multinational companies on doing business in Vietnam and taxation. He has developed excellent working relationship with the authorities and regulators in Vietnam with whom he meets regularly to resolve investment, regulatory, customs and taxation issues on behalf of his clients. He is highly regarded as a "trusted advisor" by many leading local companies and MNCs in Vietnam, as evidenced by his lasting work relationship with them throughout his career. He has received several awards and recognitions by Vietnam's Minister of Finance and Prime Minister, and by International Tax Review.
- Former tax partner of EY, KPMG and PwC with over 13 years at Partner's level;
- Strong expertise in all areas of Vietnam's taxation, cross-border transactions, transfer pricing and international taxation;
- Extensive Industry experience in manufacturing, consumer products, petroleum, real-estate & infrastructure development, pharmaceutical, education and healthcare, logistics, trading, distribution, retail, hospitality, entertainment, food & beverages, agriculture, commodities, ecommerce etc.
- Specialising in setting up businesses in Vietnam, tax planning, tax compliance and tax process improvement for ongoing operations, mergers and acquisitions, re-structuring, liquidation, indirect taxes and customs, and international taxation, tax dispute resolution, controversy and legislative reform advocacy etc.
- Fellow Member of Certified Practicing Accountant (FCPA) of Australia;
- Chairman of CPA Australia Advisory Council for South Vietnam.
- Board member of Vietnam's Tax Consultants Association.