+44 (0)20 7953 6363
Head of Employer Solutions, Markel Tax, London, United Kingdom
Thomas Dalby is a Director at Markel Tax, formerly Gabelle. He is a Barrister and Chartered Tax Adviser and has specialised in tax since 1996. He has worked with clients on the whole spectrum of employee share ownership, including EMI, growth shares, joint ownership shares, statutory share plans, Employee Shareholder Status and bespoke share-owning arrangements. He has extensive experience in dealing with employee benefit trusts, including advising clients on mitigating their exposure to tax under the disguised remuneration rules and negotiating settlements with HMRC.
- Chartered Tax Adviser and Barrister
- Regular contributor to Tax Journal and Taxation
- Author of Employee Share Schemes Equity Reward for Private Companies
- A specialist in tax since 1996, focussed on employee remuneration, long-term incentive plans and equity reward.
- Extensive experience of implementing employee share schemes in start-up and established businesses, including listed and non-UK companies.
- Detailed knowledge of the UK tax code and experience of the whole spectrum of employee share ownership, including Enterprise Management Incentives (EMI), growth shares, joint ownership shares, statutory share plans, Employee Ownership Trusts and bespoke share-owning arrangements.
- Chartered Institute of Tax (CTA)
- Bar of England & Wales