+64 9 307 3950
+64 9 366 1482
Cone Marshall Limited
Director, Cone Marshall Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
- Geoffrey Cone graduated from University of Otago, New Zealand, with LLB honours and a post graduate diploma in tax and trust law. He commenced practise in 1980 in Auckland, New Zealand, then moved to Christchurch where he was a partner and the Chairman of Partners in a leading law firm. There he practised in commercial litigation as well as tax and trust advisory work and appeared in the courts at all levels as leading counsel, including the Privy Council. After working in the British West Indies as a litigator for two years he returned to practise in 1997 in Auckland, following which he established his own practice in 1999. His firm, Cone Marshall Limited, is the only New Zealand law firm to specialise exclusively in international trust and tax planning, and it provides trustee and trust management services through its affiliated companies.
- 30 years in tax planning for private clients, having worked for law firms in New Zealand until setting up of Cone Marshall group.
- Founder of Cone Marshall group, with offices in New Zealand, Switzerland, USA, and Uruguay.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (New Zealand branch)
- International Tax Planning Association