+55 21 2127-4239
+55 21 99336-7406
Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown (TCMB)
Partner, Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown (TCMB), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Gonçalo Falcão is a partner in the Rio de Janeiro office of Tauil & Chequer Advogados´ International Tax Matters and Corporate & Securities practices. He represents clients around the globe and particularly throughout Africa, including Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, Equatorial Guinea, and São Tomé & Príncipe. Much of his work in these countries involves representing oil and gas exploration and production companies and service providers. Gonçalo also has substantial experience in oil and gas, corporate, foreign investment, labor and immigration, and foreign exchange matters. He is licensed to practice law in both Brazil and Portugal.
- Represented numerous international oil companies and their subsidiaries (including both operators and non-operators) in tax disputes in Angola regarding Petroleum Income Tax assessments for various Blocks
- Represented two international oil and gas companies at the Angolan Petroleum Income Tax taxable income Fixation and Reviewing Committees
- Provided tax assistance to various oil and gas E&P operators in Angola, Mozambique, São Tomé e Príncipe and Equatorial Guinea
- Provided tax assistance to various oil and gas industry service providers operating in Angola, Mozambique, São Tomé & Príncipe and Equatorial Guinea
- Represented Angola LNG Project sponsor companies in the drafting of the Angola LNG Project Decree Law, including the development and drafting of the Angola LNG Project tax regime
- Provided tax assistance to major Brazilian construction companies in Angola and Mozambique
In December 2009, the firm entered into an association agreement with the Mayer Brown law firm and became "Tauil & Chequer in association with Mayer Brown". From that, the firm has a team of partners and associates that are highly focused on several area of business law in Brazil representing clients in a range of matters with a unique level of excellence in the legal market.
Portuguese, English and Spanish